Building a Mobile App for Business Workshop
Lateral have just completed another of our fantastic business app workshops!
Our latest workshop was a great opportunity for businesses, organisations and government departments of all sizes to gain some key insights into the new age of targeted communication.
Attendees got a chance to:
- Learn how to leverage mobile technology for your business
- Learn the key elements of what makes a successful mobile app
- Find out the costs and benefits of mobile apps
- Learn how to remove negative pressure on their business’ bottom line
- Network with key industry figures
The workshop also covered the key elements to consider when building an app. Thushara Weerakody, Lateral’s managing director, discussed the science and technical aspects of building an app, while Goce Petrovski,
our technical lead here at Lateral, discussed the art of building an app in terms of app usability, user experience and UX.
We had some other great guest speakers come along too!
- The Lord Mayor of Perth, Lisa Scaffidi, joined us to address the importance of having a mobile application for business.
- Patrick Abernethy, Manager of COP Parking, who provides high-level managerial and strategic planning, policy development, budgeting, process improvement and leadership for the City of Perth’s parking business. Patrick discussed the innovation of our Parking Asset Management app and the countless benefits it’s provided for the City Of Perth.
- Bill Berry, Coordinator of Technical Services at Fulton Hogan, a design engineer specialising in road and civil infrastructure design, and the head project manager for Fulton’s infrastructure based projects. Bill’s presentation covered how Lateral’s SLK Meter App helped Fulton Hogan to locate features, structures and items along existing Western Australia road networks, making their business more efficient and productive.
This was one of the first workshops we have held for 2015 and definitely won’t be our last. Keep an eye out for upcoming events here, or add us to your LinkedIn
, to stay on the pulse of what’s happening at Lateral.
If you want to know more about what we do or about a mobile app for your business, get in touch today - we’d love to hear from you!
Back to blog post list Enquire now